A beautiful teeth is, today, an extremely important factor for each of us. Few, however, are lucky enough to have healthy teeth, with perfectly positioned teeth. This fact is influenced by several factors, but with the help of orthodontics everyone can have a beautiful and healthy smile. Once the decision has been made to begin orthodontic treatment, it can be quite overwhelming trying to choose a type of brace from a wide range of braces such as mobile, removable and fixed. That's why we decided to present you the most practical and affordable dental braces, namely: removable orthodontic braces.
These are devices that are applied to the teeth, sockets, jaws, with the role of helping the growth and development of the dento-maxillary apparatus or to prevent or correct the occurrence of some anomalies.
There are 2 types of removable orthodontic braces, the first is passive and has the role of maintaining the space for the eruption of a tooth, and the second is the active one, with the role of correcting the incorrect positioning of the teeth.
To better understand how removable braces work, you need to know what orthodontic forces mean and how they contribute to correcting the teeth. In other words, these forces reflect on the dento-maxillary apparatus, being applied directly or indirectly.
In other words, removable braces or orthodontic plates are dental braces that are kept on the jaw with the help of active elements and can be removed at any time by the patient.
Find out what are the advantages of a mobile device compared to a classic one:
- One of the most important advantages would be that a removable dental brace transmits the so-called forces to the bones, giving them periods of rest when they are not worn,
- In addition, it does not stress the teeth so much because it also rests on the bones. In addition, it offers the possibility to attach several action elements, such as the oral mask, which is very important for correction.
- They can be applied from an early age, as they are suitable for both temporary, mixed and permanent dentition.
- Removable dental braces they allow good dental hygiene, because they are easily removed. The action elements can be activated by the child or parent.
- They have a simple manufacturing technique and it is also very easy to repair. It can be many times more physiognomic compared to a dental metallic braces.
- It has a low cost compared to a fixed dental brace. If it is not too difficult, the repairs can be done right in the office.
- And most importantly for the little ones, these wonders of dental braces can be personalized by applying some stickers.
If you have decided to opt for a mobile device, you must also know some specific aspects about it, namely:
- A removable dental braces has less dental efficiency than a fixed braces, but it has an extraordinary result.
- It is not applicable at an older age, because it is more intended for children.
- The physiognomic result is less than with a fixed dental braces.
- Acrylate can produce allergies, but before purchasing it, a special test is performed.
- The removable orthodontic dental braces requires sanitation after every meal.
- In certain anomalies, it is recommended to wear them 24 hours a day, including during meals, which can create discomfort for the patient.
- They can breaks elements easily, but is repaired just as easily. Less comfort than other devices, but with the same result.
- In some cases it can create a feeling of vomiting from the beginning of application. At the very beginning it can create deficiencies in pronunciation.
- Did you know that an orthodontic braces (plate) is quite simple in structure, containing only the base of the plate and the anchors? Namely, crochet hooks (Stahl, Schwarz, Adams, Jackson, etc.) and crochet hooks.
Removable dental braces are frequently indicated in children, especially for:
- Orthopedic effect,
- Helps to grow the jawbones,
- Helps to lower and widen the palatal vault by deconditioning oral breathing,
- Creating and maintaining the space necessary for the eruption of permanent teeth,
- The teeth straightener directs the eruption of permanent teeth,
- Decreases the risk of fracture of the anterior teeth, through the protection it gives,
- Correcting some vicious habits (finger sucking, infantile swallowing, suggesting the upper and lower lip, interposing objects between the teeth such as a pen, pencil, nail polish).
- Directs with greater accuracy the action of the dental braces maxilla with the help of extraoral devices, compared to other devices.
- Reshaping the physiognomic appearance in the case of missing a tooth, by attaching an acrylate crown to the device at the level of the interdental space required until the age of approximately 18 for the insertion of an implant at that level.
- Corrects dental caries.
It is very important to know some rules of care of the removable dental braces. For better preservation, the braces should not be washed with toothpaste. It is important that it is kept in its special case when wearing breaks. It is not recommended that it interacts with alcohol or mouthwash, and last but not least, it is important to follow the recommendations of doctors.